Siren Eyes: Bring out the Bella Hadid in you with this latest TikTok trend
Among the TikTok trends that have spread like wildfire, we’ve tried a bunch, but Siren eyes, which was started by Danielle Marcan, is something that we simply could not resist sharing about. They are calling it the ‘Siren Eyes’ because it oozes sensuality with defined eyes that are adorned with smoky, elongated flicks.
With the eyeliner taking the center stage, the siren eye is your perfect accompaniment to a minimal look. Also known as mermaid eyes, the new makeup technique has earned more than 280 million views on TikTok. It is a trend that’s inspired from the 90s and is being recreated by many celebrities such as Bella Hadid, Zendaya, Kylie Jenner and Alexa Demie.
What is Siren Eyes anyway?
Fashion experts say that this look is a combined version of ‘cat eyes’ and ‘fox eyes’ and a great way to play up your eye makeup. We'd say it is a renewal of the classic cat eyes. This technique requires you to use your conventional eyeliner with an addition of a smoky look to the eyes, especially around the rims. The objective is to achieve a sexy and daring look with just your eyes.
The story behind the name:
This look draws inspiration from ancient Greek mythology. Siren, in Greek mythology, a creature half bird and half woman. Legend has it that the creature was “dangerous and feminine” and lured sailors to doom with the sweetness of her song. A popular pop culture reference to Siren is the mythological creature that resembles a mermaid in the center of the Starbucks logo.
Giving a seductive twist to your boss lady look, you can achieve this look by blending eyeshadow and eyeliner to create a sensual impact. Celebrities such as Bella Hadid, Megan Fox, Alexa Demie and Lily Rose-Depp easily nail the look because their eye shape is made for the siren eye look.
You can recreate this look with a little bit of effort and a lot of help from FX Eyes Instant Facelift tapes. Use them around the temples to get the Bella Hadid-like almond-shaped eyes with a pointy brow, instantly. Once you've achieved the sculpted look, here’s how to go on with your makeup.
Siren Eyes makeup:
All it takes is some practice and you can easily recreate this 90s supermodel-approved eye makeup:
- We start with the eye shadow. Apply a champagne shade to the eyelid, blending outwards.
- Add a dark brown shadow in the lower area of your eyelids so that it blends with the champagne shade to give a smokey look.
- Now with black shadow, start to line the eye outwards. Mark the area well and blend towards the water line but without reaching the end.
- Now, with a liner, line your eyes, staying close to the water line, both above and below to add sharpness.
- Create a cat eye flick at the edge of the eyes, connecting the line to the middle of the top lash line. Elongate the flick with a sharp wing that goes towards your temple- more horizontal than a normal winged liner.
- Finish the look by adding a v shape to the inner corners of your eyes and there's your killer siren eyes look in a blink of an eye.
The FX Eyes lashes will be a match made in heaven with Siren Eyes since it will help intensify those sultry eyes.
Siren eyes can help you look, feel and project confidence. Use the tools that you feel most comfortable with. Also, if you do not usually use eye shadows, you can directly use pencils or vice versa. Voila! We've told you everything you need to know about nailing the siren eye flick. Go try!